The objectives of the Southern African Health Technology Assessment Society are as follows:
- To promote the science and practice of HTA in the Southern African region in close collaboration with national, and provincial governments.
- To develop the scope of practice for HTA professionals.
- To build a thriving, independent association serving as the primary scientific and professional focus for all those who undertake and use HTA.
- To support collaborative efforts among academic institutions for the development, delivery, improvement and quality assurance of HTA education and training programmes including experiential learning.
- To conduct regular meetings to promote continuous professional development in HTA for all health professionals.
- To collaborate with local, regional and international bodies connected to the HTA industry to increase the application of HTA in health policy decision making and impact in health care delivery around the world.
- To support the development and use of HTA through exchange of information, scientific methods, expertise and ideas through meetings, publications, newsletters and other information services, educational and other activities.
- To promote all efforts related to the realization of the foregoing objectives
For more information on the Society, please visit their website at www.htasa.org.za
Membership is automatically included in non-members registration fees.